Authentic replica of the first printed version of the Declaration of Independence known as the "Dunlap Broadside". On 4 July, the Congress approved the Declaration and it was adopted by all the colonies represented. The Congress then voted immediately to print the document so that copies of the declaration could be sent to assemblies and committees, and to commanding officers of the continental troops. The exact number of broadsides printed at John Dunlap's printing shop on July 4th is unknown, but today, there are twenty-five known original "Dunlap Broadsides". On July 8, 1776, Colonel John Nixon read the Declaration of Independence in the State House yard. The Dunlap Declaration of Independence used by Nixon is located in the Independence National Historical Park collection. Printed on antiqued parchment-like paper that looks and feels old. Shipped rolled or flat, the document size is 15 x 20 inches.